Zanzibar-Canadian Association (ZANCANA, in short) is a non for profit organization, registered in Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Zanzibar is made up of two main islands (Unguja and Pemba) and several smaller ones off the coast of East Africa.
The objectives of the Zanzibar-Canadian Association (ZANCANA) are:
- To provide services to the community and new immigrants on issues such as, immigration, legal services, housing, job search and social services
- To help its members and new immigrants in adapting to the Canadian society
- To promote and maintain the Zanzibar culture and the cultures of the other members of this Association
- To enhance the cultural contribution to the multicultural heritage of Canada.
- To bring together members of the Zanzibari community and other communities in Canada and provide them with a platform to discuss, share, and promote matters of general interest to individual members and the community at large.
- To perform any activities incidental to the above objectives