مركز أبو عبيده الإسلامي
REACHING OUT TO ALL HUMANITY, to serve and engage Muslims by promoting the progressive values and teaching of Islam and to advocate inter-faith harmony in a multicultural environment in accordance with the Quran and Sunnah.
To promote Islam as a true religion by means of engaging good conduct and good behavior towards all members of our surrounding community.
Abu Ubaydah Islamic Center, known as AUIC aims to be the focal point for the surrounding Muslim community, In order to enhance understanding and dispel the many misconceptions about Islam. Our mission is to encourage people of all ages and ethnic groups to learn and develop their knowledge of Islam, to bridge the gap between the communities by providing the necessary resources.
We are committed to disseminate the teachings of Islam on the fundamental truth that Allah (swt) is the source of all guidance, we pray that our endeavors are accepted, In shaa Allah.
We will work to enhance and improve the respect and cultivate our identity in the community with special consideration for the cultural diversity in Canada. We seek to improve and develop the skills and well-being of our members and our programs to benefit the wider community.
- Establishing congregational prayers and carry out other religious activities that are open fully to men, women and children.
- Practicing principles of moderation, tolerance, inclusiveness and conflict avoidance within the structural limits of the Quran and Sunnah in order to create unity among Muslims.
- Arranging educational programs for all members of the family.
- Promoting joint action among Muslim organizations of the Greater Toronto area
- Developing mutual understanding with and among non-Muslims in order to communicate effectively the principles of Islam to them.
- Our scholars are our spiritual leaders, our teachers, and our local guides.
- We say NO to fanaticism,and dictatorship in the name of religion.
- We believe in sacrificing, volunteerism, cooperation, forgiveness, tolerance, compassion, and action rather than words.
- Our Center (Masjid) is our place of gathering, learning, sanctity, and a place for connecting with Allah SWT and the community. A place to cultivate hassanat (good deeds)for the eternal life hereafter.
Abu Ubaydah Masjid Project
The project is to convert the madrrassa to Masjid.
- Adding extra wash room (Finished)
- Building Udhuu area for two people. (Finished)
- Extending the main hall (about 10 ft length) from 684 sq ft to 864 sq ft. (Finished)
- Laying new carpet.
- Installing of new lighting , Electric fan, and Ac unit. (Finished)